My brother Bart is three years younger than me. One of my earliest Easter memories is the time I nearly killed him.
I remember Bart was so little he wasn’t walking yet, so probably less than one year old. He was in one of those little seats where his legs could stick out and touch the floor so he could scoot around.
We were in the kitchen — I can picture this vividly. I was enjoying a chocolate Easter bunny so I wanted to share with my new little brother. Is that so wrong?
He started choking. Fortunately my parents heard him and came rushing in from another room. Mom was asking what happened and I just said I gave him some chocolate.
My father opened his mouth, fished around and withdrew a wad of tin foil.
I was lectured that the wrapping must be removed before feeding anything to the baby.
Who knew? I guess I though he could do it himself.’
Maybe this will help future generations.
Happy Easter Bart. I hope I didn’t ruin chocolate bunnies for you.